Read meetings, “who can attend”. No reservations or calls required. All DBSA meetings are free of charge. We pass the “hat” at the end of the meeting to help with costs. Newcomers do not have to contribute, so if broke don’t worry, some of us are to. NOTE: Come early, not late, as there is no admittance after 6:10pm. Be early please.
St Phillip’s in the Hills
4440 N Campbell Ave
St Phillip’s is at the north-east corner of Campbell Ave at River Rd. Enter in the Campbell entrance just north of River. Within a 100 feet there is 8 handicapped parking spaces. Keep driving for more handicap parking, and ample regular parking under the solar panels. Then walk south to the south most building, “La Parroquia”, south-east side of the property. Walk in and it’s the room to the right (south) called Palo Verde.
Wheelchair accessible: Yes
University Medical Center
1501 N. Campbell
The Dbsa meeting is in the UMC Cafeteria. (Banner Health) There is free parking on Sunday nights, off Campbell & Adams. Turn west at Adams to enter the parking lot. Usually the top-level has lot’s of spaces. Then walk in the main Campbell entrance, go straight back (west) into the cafeteria. The meeting rooms are at the south end wall. Look for the DBSA signs. We meet in the last two rooms. We are next the UMC Cafeteria if you want drinks or snacks.
“What can I expect at a meeting?”
- Meetings are typically 8-22 people.
- Each meeting is led by a member facilitator(s).
- A facilitator’s role is simply to keep the discussions on track and promote healthy discussion.
- Facilitator are not professionals, they are members like everyone else, who choose to help DBSA.
- We start our meetings by going around the room with brief introductions by each member.
- You may PASS when you turn comes up if you wish. Participation is voluntary and some members choose to just listen.
- People usually state their 1st name and diagnosis, how they’re doing, and how their week is going.
- If you have a topic for the group, this is a good time to bring it up.
After the introductions the facilitator will open the meeting up with member topics. Everyone is welcome to contribute. We try to cover as many topics as we can in the short time we have. If you’ve not heard a topic you want discussed, please bring it up. We hope you enjoy your Dbsa experience.
NOTE: Afterward many members go out to eat and hang out at some nearby eatery. All new people are welcome to attend and make new acquaintances. Breaking out of isolation is KEY to recovery. Just hang out after the meeting, as members eventually discuss where we’re going.