Tucson Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance.
DBSA Tucson provides peer “support groups” for those with Mood Disorders including Depression, Bipolar 1 & 2, and Anxiety. We welcome anyone with mood disorders, and their friends and/or family as well.
Our meetings are free of charge and are open to anyone. No reservations required.
We offer a safe place to get support, build self-esteem and become more educated about our disorders.
Hopefully you will find the help you are looking for here. If you don’t see it, don’t be afraid to ask any member. Most people will be glad to answer a question. Peer support means no one is a Professional: all members & group facilitator’s fight mental illness, or are caring for someone with mental illness. We are not therapists or counselors.
- Reach individuals & family members & friends affected by depression, bipolar disorder (1 & 2) and anxiety with a safe place for peer support in Tucson.
- Help people help each other successfully manage their mood disorder.
- Provide emotional support and the wisdom of experience to sufferers, families and friends.
- Build self-esteem and empower participants to actively improve their life, and the lives of others affected by depression or bipolar disorder.
- Eliminate discrimination and stigma related to depression, bipolar disorder and anxiety.
- Help participants rediscover strength and humor they may have felt they lost.
- Educate chapter participants and the public through programs and resources about mood disorders.
- We are not health care professionals, nor are we a crisis center (please call 520-622-600 for crisis, 520-770-9909 in Pima County, and 844-733-9912 ).
DBSA National Affiliated Websites
Other DBSA Websites
(offers interactive & personal wellness tools)
(offers support for parents and guardians of children living with mood disorders)
(offers information on mental health research and access to studies)
(Engages peers and family members in discussions concerning mental health advocacy)